Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Welcome!

Well, hi! I'm Allie

This blog has two purposes, really. First, I love writing! I've worked on writing stories since I was eight or younger and I have continued on until now.  I hope to someday publish a book. I wanted a place where I could post my writings--and my opinions. So I decided to start a blog.

Secondly, the name. "Seeing From the Valley" may not really seem to fit with the first purpose. What does writing have to do with the G.K. Chesterton quote on the home page? Well, to me, that quote kind of sums up the way we should live each and every day: With contentment. Instead of just thinking about how dark it is, down in the valley, when things are hard, and we feel depressed, we need to realize that one way God shows us that he loves us, is by letting us seeing the big, real, up-close things in our valleys. It may be pleasant up there on the mountaintops, when life is care-free, and things are going just the way we want them to, but we don't get the hard, dirty, genuine life up there. And hard, dirty, genuine life is what makes us strong.

So,  I'm going to make every post on this blog with these two purposes in mind. Sometimes the second purpose may not seem to be there at all. But this purpose is not just a topic or a theme, it's a way of living. A way of looking at life. It's seeing from the valley.

~Allie

2 comments:

  1. I love the Chesterton quote. Isn't Father Brown awesome? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Me too :)
      Yes! I love Father Brown! Chesterton's amazing.

      Delete

Comments make my day :)