Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Thankful

God blessed me with such a wonderful dad. I certainly didn't do anything to deserve him. . . (In case you hadn't noticed, we can't choose our fathers ;)) It's all up to Providence. And all I can say is that I certainly got a great end of the bargain.

Every day should really be Father's Day, if you think about it. Everyday my dad is doing the things that good dads have to do. Hard things. . . dirty things. . . things that you have to be strong for.

I'm so thankful for my dad. Especially when I look around at the "typical" dad in our world today. I see so many losers who are "fathers", but are never really fathers. . . And I see the damage this irresponsibility causes. That neglect is growing up a generation of hurt people --- boys who don't know how to be men; girls who don't know how to trust men.

I'm so thankful to be a part of the tiny, blessed minority who have dads that try to honor God; dads that spend their lives doing the hardest things, because they're the right things.

I hope I never ever take this for granted. . . because it's most definitely not granted.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!! I love you so much.


<3 allie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :)