Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Lived


My musings and take on this song...



To live. To really live. What does it mean? 

Living long? Comfortably? Comfort is an enemy of living life well. Sitting on the couch is dangerous. We should run into the storms and not away from them. Boldly, because we don't fear. We are as safe there as in our beds. "In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:10). Our death is already set. Sealed. Done. For now we just have to focus on how we are using our lives up. 

Living hurts. People die. Children rebel. Friends betray. We have to go on no matter how badly we want to curl up and hide. But that's the marvel of it. That's the genius of the plot. This Story is bursting at the seams with drama, and tragedy, and tears. And comedy. And laughter.  

Really living means that we scrape our knees. We hope against hope. We run farther and jump higher and sing louder than we should. We love so hard that it hurts. And  we laugh when God makes a joke. Even if the joke involves us.... And even if it feels like anything but funny. 

It also means being hated by the world. When everyone runs...we may need to stay. When everyone surrenders...we may need to challenge. When everyone gives up...we may need to keep right on going. That sort of thing burns up a lot of life. But it's good to use it up. Otherwise, things grow stagnant. And you grow old. And all that overflowing life is wasted.

~allie


"I did it all...
I owned every second,
That this world could give. 
I saw so many places 
The things that I did.
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived." 
(OneRepublic, I Lived.) 


2 comments:

Comments make my day :)