Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks.


I think the idea of this day is glorious. A day to join together and feast, and just. . . give thanks. God has given us everything; we give Him back our gratitude. That seems trivial in comparison, but it's beautiful; He loves it.

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." (- G.K. Chesterton)
I'm finally realizing, just recently, how true that really is. When we feel happily awed, when we truly wonder at our blessings but aren't able to explain them (because they're inexplicable), that's when we begin to discover thankfulness. This year was beautiful. I've learned -- and lived -- so much. I've never had more to be thankful for. And today, when I try to think about all of my blessings, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Wonderfully overwhelmed.

~allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :)